Aromatherapy has the power to do many things, to include increasing sensuality and libido. There are warming oils to increase your sex drive, cooling oils to keep nerves in check, and oils to increase communication, concentration, and sexual desire. And since scent and touch are both an important part of intimacy, you’re going to want to use these oils to whip up a massage that brings you and your lover close together. Here’s a look at the best essential oils so that you make the most of your Valentine’s Day — or any day for that matter.
It may sound cliche, but rose undoubtably evokes romance — it’s actually known as the essential oil of love as it helps open the heart center so that one can receive love and strength. In addition, rose enhances self-esteem and confidence, both of which are very important in the bedroom. It’s even known to increase semen production and reduce nervous tension and stress, so you can’t go wrong with rose.
Not only does jasmine remind you of a tropical vacation (a romantic getaway perhaps?), but its aphrodisiac qualities balance the nervous system and promote feelings of euphoria and optimism.
Looking to spice things up in the bedroom? Clary sage is known for boosting creativity and enhancing focus, so let your inhibitions go with this oil. It’s also extremely relaxing and inspires feelings of elation, so it’s a major stress reducer in case you’re feeling nervous or tense. In the event that you’re PMSing or going through menopause, clary sage is a wonderful hormone balancing oil.
Neroli (otherwise known as orange blossom) has been used as a natural aphrodisiac for centuries because it helps to uplift the mind and calm the senses. If you had a lover’s quarrel, neroli also banishes feelings of anger and can snuff out a panic attack in case you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- For a full body massage oil blend, you’ll need approximately 50 drops of essential oils of your choice mixed with four ounces of a carrier oil such as argan, coconut, sesame, sweet almond, jojoba, grapeseed, or macadamia.
- Set the scene with soft lighting, a comfortable location, and soft mood music.
- Start with a modest amount of oil in your hands, rubbing them together to warm the product prior to application.
- Use gentle but firm strokes that are slow, long, and firm so you can transfer your energy to your partner. Add more oil as needed.
- The back and legs are typically the most soothing areas. Don’t be timid about asking him/her if the pressure is okay, too.